Picking the right mattress can be as easy as 1-2-3!
Snoozzz Mattress is here to help when selecting the right mattress for your sleep needs. Here’s an easy 1-2-3 guideline to consider that will assist with your mattress selection.
1. A mattress should fulfill its responsibility of supporting your body. The definition of a supportive mattress is, “any mattress that is able to maintain your spine in a neutral position.” The support function of a mattress lies in the deeper layers of a mattress. These layers may be made of a coil system or natural latex. While many find that a natural latex rubber support provides the ultimate support, others find that a well-designed coil system can also offer this perfect support. Refer to the drawings below and notice the alignment of the spine in all the drawings. The preferred is found in the first set of 3; no matter which type of directional sleeper.
2. A mattress should fulfill its responsibility of comfort on pressure points. As you lay on your side pay close attention to the pressure on two major points: your shoulder and your hip. The comfortable mattress of your choice will be gentle on these two pressure points.
3. A mattress should fulfill its responsibility to a pleasant night sleep!
- Just Right – Latex mattresses offer conforming support and even weight distribution to keep your spine naturally aligned in a fully relaxed position.
- Too Soft – While a soft bed may feel good at first, inadequate support of your lower back (where your body weigh in since treated) can cause pain and stiffness.
- Too Firm – A hard sleep surface provides uneven support and causes uncomfortable high pressure areas that cause you to toss and turn during the night.